Monday, July 13, 2009

Life's a Beach

I've got Florida on my mind. On Friday we'll be driving down to Bradenton. Yep, it's a little crazy to go during the summer but when your hubbie is a teacher that's when vacation time happens. I've been told that the temperature rarely goes over 95 in the Sarasota-Bradenton area which means it's pretty much the same temp if not cooler as here BUT there's usually a nice sea breeze. Okay that info comes from my brother who lives there and is slightly prejudiced. I've been there in August and it's hot but that's why air conditioning and swimming pools were invited. It is beautiful there, and I'm getting excited to be going back. I just love palm trees and flamingoes.

I'm ready for the beach and in anticipation I got out my Lockhart Company beach chair stamp and made a couple cards for challenges. This card is for theJuly 7th "I Heart to Stamp" sketch challenge. The image is stamped in Memento Black and colored with copics. The image and the card stock behind it were cut out with circle nestibilities. The starfish is from the Stamping UP recently retired Seaside set and seemed like the perfect choice for the layout's star shape. It was stamped in SU More Mustard with clear embossing powder over it. The design papers are from Marcella by K. The papers were a gift and are not my usual color scheme but it's good to try to use different things. Dew drops are on the corners of the the striped paper.

This next card also used the Lockwood Comapny Beach Chair stamp and is for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge MOJO95. It was stamped in Memento black and colored in with copics. I was die cut with rectangulare nestibilities and the card stock behind it was die cut with scalloped rectangular nestibilities. The SU standard stamping wheel Sandy Shells was used on the paper under the ribbon and was stamped in creamy caramel. The green card stock was run thru my Big Shot in the dotted Cuttlebug embossing folder. The adorable flip flop paper is Paper Adventures, Carolyn Holt Designs Island Lagoon Flip Flops. The sentiment was hand written with an SU Green Galore marker, the square and the scalloped sqare are SU punches and it's mounted on dimensionals. The card stocks are all from my scraps so I'm not sure what they are.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are beautiful! I'm a beach lover too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin