Monday, August 10, 2009

Check Out The Cheapo Bins



Do you look at the $1 bins in the craft stores. You can find some really good stuff in them. Lots of times there are great stamps in them. Lots of times there are great things that can be altered. I found some very nice notebooks there today and picked up a few of them. Now that I've done one I wish I picked up more. These would make great gifts, in fact I am trying to get them done by Friday to give to my scrapping gal pals. We're going away to a weekend event and it would be nice to have one for each of them.

Pam was with me and she picked up some gorgeous brown and beige stamps for a buck and a half. While we waited for our other buddy Cyndy to catch up to us we were talking about our purchases and neither one of us could believe the price and so I suggested we go pick up some more of them. Pam volunteered to go get them so I stayed put enjoying the not so beautiful day and she went back inside and picked up a pack for me, AND I don't have to pay her back. Now that's a good buddy. I can't wait to crack those open, but at the moment I don't have ideas for using.

So here's the info on the making of this altered book. I put a piece of Stampin' Up red card stock on the cover for the background. I cut out some Crate Paper dsp Satelitte Collection paper and matted them with DCWV card stock. I used stamps from the MFT Monsters Ink set. I stamped them in Memento Back on white card stock. I used the MFT sketch #23 for the layout.
And the most fun part of this cover was putting the googley eyes on the monsters. Oh what fun those googley eyes are. One time I glued them across the top of a pair of my sunglasses and boy oh boy did I get looks from people whenever I wore them, but again, I digress. I really like using googley eyes. They are so much fun, but then again I am easily amused.









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Glad you liked my frogs! Loved reading your blog & your creations are fab. These books are great. Can't believe it was only $1, looks worth 10 times that now!
    Regards,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin