Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going Places


Summer is winding down, I'm getting ready for my last trip of the summer. I can't wait till Thursday when I get to go on vacation again. Because summer is coming to an end the Stamp Something Challenge for this week is to create a project inspired from something from your summer vacation. Most summers I travel a lot. Road trips are big during the summer. This summer I've been to PA several times and drove down to Florida, then flew back. This week I'll be flying to Florida and at the end of the month I'll be driving back. I've been looking at maps, google directions, or listening to Ramona the GPS for many hours. I've been packing my bags and heading out of the city. So the first thing that came to my mind for this challenge was the My Favorite Things "Goin' Places" stamp set. I decided to make a card and use one of the MFT Sketches in an attempt to use all 100 of the sketch challenges when they hit that benchmark, in about 6 weeks.
For the card I stamped the WTG in Memento black on white card stock and colored her arms, legs and luggage with copics. I restamped her map onto white card stock and colored it. I stamped the dress onto My Mind's Eye, Andrea Victoria, Golden Damask (reverse side ) paper. Next I cut the stamped image out, and cut around her hands so that I could put the map in them. I propped the map up with dimensionals giving it more of a 3D look. I stamped the cityscape onto a gray card stock oval and colored it with copics and adhered the WTG image onto it with dimensionals. The mat for the oval and the card base are Best Occasions card stock. The designer paper is S.E.I. En Route, Up, Up and Away and Hiways and Byways. The Up, Up and Away has a white card stock border that was made. with a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and the oval was made with a Stampin' Up oval punch. The edges were sponged with Ranger Tea Dye and propped up with dimensionals on the ribbon.
It's sad to see summer go, but at least there's all the great fall and winter holidays to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sad to see summer go - but this is a beautiful card! The colors are great. I love that the map "pops" off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card and sounds like a fabulous summer too!! I've made the drive to and from FL many times always an adventure! travel safe and thanks for joining us at Stamp SOmething!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin