Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Halloween in August


If we can have Christmas in July why can't we have Halloween in August? Halloween is my favorite holiday. Dressing in costumes is great fun no matter what your age.
This stamp set was the August VIP stamp and when I saw it, it only took a split second to decide to purchase it. Besides having a Halloween theme it also has the Who's That Girl and Flopsey in one image, it's a no brainer for me. Had to have it. Later this week this stamp set will be part of the August Release so if you'd like to own it get over to the MFT store.
This month the MFT One Click challenge is to use gingham in your project. If you win this challenge you get the August Release bundle. That's a very nice prize. The first thing I decided was that I wanted to use this stamp for the challenge and that I would use the black gingham ribbon from the MFT plaid ribbon collection. There are a couple other challenges I wanted to enter too. The Stamp Something Challenge for Friday July 31 is to paper piece something. Paper Piecing is one of my favorite techniques to use and I knew I was going to piece at least the WTG's dress so I could play in this challenge too. I also pieced the candy bowl with a scrap. The Whimsey Stamp Challenge #13 is Friendship. In this stamp you see Flopsey and his friend trick or treating. Halloween is always best when shared with a friend. Did you ever make a group costume with your friends. The year we were the three blind mice is one of my favorite memories, but that's another story. Back to the card. Because they approaching the 100th sketch challenge, Cindy Haffner and Frances aka StampOwl have challenged us to make a card for each of the sketch challenges. Quite a challenge. So I picked the MFTSC37 for this card. So far I've done three, I think I may not get them all done. Technically I've done a few others as they first came out but since this challenge came out I've done three.
So there are a few other details to be told. I also used copics to color in the image parts that weren't pieced, except for flopsey's tail, which is white flock. The flock doesn't show up so well in the photo but in real life it's a nice soft and fuzzy touch. The green card stock is Wausau Paper Bright Classics was given out at the door at the CKC convention last weekend. The designer paper is Imaginisce, Spooky Town, Boo Buttons. The flower is a Prima Flower, the button is from the MFT Spring collection and the purple ribbon is from the MFT Halloween ribbon collection.
Earlier I mentioned Cindy Haffner and Frances aka Stamp Owl, those are two wildy talented women. If you have some time click where I underlined their names and go visit their blogs you will love their stuff. I promise.



4 comments:

  1. Chris you are so sweet. Love your card, awesome job, so happy you are doing some of the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! The halloween colors are great & I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the fun papers and that sweet image! Great job with those challenges. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin