Monday, September 14, 2009

A Cherry for a Banana


This week's My Favorite Thing challenge is to use metal on your creation and the 2 Red Bananas challenge is a sketch. I combined both of them to come up with this card. The stamps are from MFT's "Feeling' Fruity?" I stamped the cherries on white card stock with Memento black, colored it in with copics, punched it out with a Stampin' Up punch and then matted it with DCWV card stock punched with the SU scalloped circle punch. I used both sides of the October Afternoon, Cherry Hill, Tea Towel paper and edged it with Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed it with silver powder. All the panels were attached to the card stock with silver button brads. After I assembled all the pieces I covered the cherries with crystal effects.
I always appreciate your comments and am so happy that you came by to look. Before you leave will you click on the pink ribbon?

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy girl! Those cherries are so cute with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet cherry stamp. The sentiment if perfect. Thanks for joining the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cherry paper & the cherry stamp - too cute! The little smiley faces on the cherrys are adorable! The silver button brads work wonderfully with this card. I really love the print on the paper - it reminds me of my childhood. I bought dresses with a cherry print on it for both of my girls when they were little for the same reason. Gorgeous card - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! I love those cherries! Both the DP and stamped image are adorable. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very 'sweet' card :) love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with 2RedBananas!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin