Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ruff Day



Have you been to the Cat's Pajamas yet? Do you love cats and dogs and penguins doing comical things? If the idea of a dog surfing puts a smile on your face then you need to check out their stamps. I think this little kitty with the ice bag on its head would cheer anyone up.
I made this card for the Cat's Pajama challenge TCP Tuesday 76. The challenge is to use at least 3 circles, some bling and embossing. I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the beige card stock with circles and I put the bling in all the scallops on the pink mat behind the stamped card stock. As for circles, I didn't count them but you can try. Too bad I don't have a prize for the person who gets closest without going over the number. The paper is KI Memories, My Girl Pop. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black and colored it in with copics. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. The edges of the card stock are sponged in pink.
I combined this challenge with the Stamp Something challenge to use your favorite colors. I love pink and pale green together. So I colored the cat's quilt with them and looked for a paper to go with it. The paper has lots of circles in a variety of shades of pink and green.
Nestibilities were used for cutting out the circles and the scalloped circle mats.
Thanks for looking. While you're here click on the pink ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Chris, this is beautiful!! The image you chose is one of my favorites :) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chris, this such a great looking card! really liking the bright, cheery colors and how you incorporated the items required; This will make anyone feel better and smile! :) great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the little kitty! The circles on the paper coordinate wonderfully with the embossing and the button. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Great colors and love that kitty image. Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin