Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet Lemonade



I got this stamp several months ago and today is my first chance to get it inky. It's from Impression Obsession and they have some of my favorite stamps. Sometimes I think it would be quicker to list the stamps I don't like than the ones I do. Those of you obsessed with stamping know what I'm talking about.
The Color Throwdown Challenge # 60 is to use Bermuda Bay, Green Galore and Barely Banana. Those colors make me think of summer so I wanted to use something that would remind me of summer and as soon as I saw this stamp I knew it was perfect. I could make the lemonade yellow and the little umbrella blue and green. I stamped the Sweet Lemonade on white card stock and colored it in copics. I used stickles on the leaves, umbrella and lemon pits and used Heidi Swap bling for the berries and in the bottom corner of the cs.
I also wanted to use the Crazy 4 Challenges sketch challenge C4C3. I chose papers from the Me and My Big Ideas, Ellen - Starfish paper package and cut the paper for the layout. The card stock mat down the center panel is DCWV and I punched it with Fiskar's Effervescence border punch which makes it usable for the Pile It On Challenge #16 Crazed and Punches. The card base is SU Green galore cs.
I love how cheery it is, I'm going to put it on my bulletin board so I can dream about summer as the weather gets cold, ugh.
Please stop and click the pink ribbon before you leave.
Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Very cute, Chris! Love that you're still holding on to summer! Cool embellishments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. I want to take a sip of your lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cheery card! Love the heart shaped lemon slices & the little umbrella - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that lemonade image! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us in this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, lovin that image!

    Thanks so much for playing!
    Dee - Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and a lovely combo of challenges!
    Thanks for playing at PIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a cute lemonade image, especially those heart shaped lemon slices! TOO CUTE!

    Amy -- Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and refreshing!! Your coloring is fabulous!

    Thank you for playing.
    Brenda-Pile It On GDT

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin