Friday, November 13, 2009

A Charlie Brown Tree


It's week 6 of the MFT "So You Think You Can Stamp" challenges. This is the last week to be able to win a place in the finals. There will be six finalists who will get teamed up with a member of the design team to work on the final challenge. The winner will receive all the new stamp releases from MFT from December till May. That's quite a big honking prize and you'd have to be carzy not to like it, or not interested in stamps. Are there people out there who aren't interested in stamps? Doesn't seem possible, but I digress.


The dance this week is Krumping. Not exactly my generation but the instructions were "Bling It Out - Make It Shout". Now that speaks to me, I like bling and that I can do.

While I was out shopping I spotted this Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I thought it would be the perfect tree to take along to Florida. We don't have any decorations there and it will be nice to have this there. We won't get there till 12/23 and I don't want to have to do a lot of work, it's time to be on vacation and take it nice and easy. Setting up this tree will only take a couple of minutes to put it up and very little time to put it away.
For the MFT challenge I made some decoration with bing to hang on the tree. The first ornament is made from MFT Chocolate Kiss paper, there are 6 scalloped circles made with the SU punch. There are 2 different papers. After you punch then out you fold them in half and adhere them to each other. Before you adhere the lost circle closed you drop in your thread hanger. Most of the glass beads and pearls you see on the cords have glass beads and crystals hanging from the threads.

For the heart shaped ornament on the left I stamped the candy canes from the MFT "Cool Yule" stamp set. It's popped up on white card stock that was embossed with the tiny dots folder. The pink stripes are covered with stickles. The cs was cut out with nestibilities. This ornament has an adorable bead on top. If you click on the picture you may be able to see it better. The other ornament is the snowflake from the "Baby, It's Cold Outside" set. It's stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver powder. Lots of pink bling on the embossed white cs.
The polar bear is last but certainly not least. He's so cute I had to make three of him. He's from the "Cool Yule" set. For each ornament I stamped him twice and cut one out. Then I made the scarves for him. He's got a little bit of copics color on his paws, nose and cheeks. He was stamped twice for each ornament. One of the bears is cut out and then the paper pieced scarf is added. Also for his image I added some white glitter. The red cs is from DCWV and is cut with a nestibilities. There's another scalloped circle on the back made with the same paper as his scarf.

It's very late and I starting to fall asleep so I may have neglected some details. let me know if I've made any glaring mistakes and I'll correct it.

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. I just left you lots of love over at SCS, but I wanted to come over here and tell you again -- this project rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable tree! Love the ornaments especially the little bear with the scarf - too cute! I'm sure it will look lovely in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE this Chris! I may have to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is just fantastic! I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one darling tree!!!!! Love all the ornaments -- how fun and inspiring!!!
    ps -- glad you found me!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin