Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Let It Snow



Let It Snow, anywhere but here. Yeah, it's pretty and delicate but it's also cold, wet and nuisance for driving and parking around here.

Enough of my complaining how about the I switch to the card, that's really why you keep coming back.

This stamp is from Impression Obsession. When I buy them from the website I get them unmounted so it doesn't have a name on it and at the moment I'm drawing a blank, but I think it's a Leigh Hannan.

This card is for a few challenges. One of my favorite challenges is Crazy 4 Challenges. This week it's a sketch. So I had my stamp and my layout next I needed a color scheme so I went to the Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Challenge #24. This week the colors are Bashful Blue, Real Red and Certainly Celery. Luckily for me I recently picked up a sheet of Imaginisce "Polar Expressions" double sided paper which as that color scheme. (Unluckily for me, when I went to post this I discovered it was last week's challenge ). I used both sides for this card. The Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenge #4 is to make something for Christmas and to include snowflakes and lots of glitter. Lastly, the Allsort's Week 28 Challenge is to take your inspirations from a Christmas Carol or a Song Title. The sentiment on this card is "Let It Snow" which is a Christmas Carol, which sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. Kind of like the snow makes me shiver, ok, I said I wasn't gonna complain anymore so I'll just give you the rest of the deets.
The snowflake and the stamp mats were made with Spellbinders nestibilities and die cuts. The chunky glitter is from The Cat's Pajama. The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Georgia Pacific cs and colored with copics, with stickles for highlights. The light blue pearls in the corners are Crystal Stickers. The paper edges were brushed with Ranger's Distressed Straw. The tag is a Martha Stewart punch. The blue cs is DCWV and the green (certainly celery) cs is from SU.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you come back. I don't know if I'll be posting again before Thanksgiving so I'm wishing you all a great Turkey day. Enjoy your friends and families.
Please click on the pink ribbon before you leave.

8 comments:

  1. The distressing looks great on this pretty card! Love the colors & the layout is terrific too. Definitely puts me in the holiday mood - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the distressing too! Very vintagy looking! Have a great holiday! We look forward to you playing the CTD if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris

    Love all the distressed edges, give the whole card a very traditional feel.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card fab layout and the image is super...x


    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous,love the papers and image......beautiful work!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where to start....so many beautiful details and the image is so beautifully colored! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...would love to see you join us again next month!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stunning.. thanks for joining us at creatalicious ..bec xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin