Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mazie's At the Beach



I wish I were at the beach too.

When I got home tonight there was a little surprise for me in my mailbox. Mazie just got here from Shirley's 2 Girls. Last week I won my choice of any stamp for participating in the sketch challenge. I realize it's Thanksgiving and I should be stamping cornucopias, but I can barely spell that, forget about stamping it. Heck, I'm dreaming of sunnier times and Mazie was just screaming for me to pick her.
And Mazie was just in time to get inked up for the Shirley 's 2 Girls sketch challenge #34. S2G sketch challenges have a twist and the twist this week is to use rick rack. I've had this rick rack for a long time and am glad I finally got around to using it. I tweaked the sketch a little by using a rectangle where the circle should be and a split circle where the split rectangle should be.
Here's the rest of the deets, the dp is from a Me and My Big Ideas pack. The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. There are stickles on the sand, the sun and flower centers. The edges of the white cs are sponged with Ranger Spiced Marmalade and the corners have Pebbles Candy Dots. They really do look like candy dots.
So a big thanks to Shirley's 2 Girls for the prize and the badge.
Thanks for stopping by, please come back again and don't forget to click on the pink ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. Is Mazie not the funnest!! Love that you have brought a little sunshine to the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - Isn't she just the cutest!? I love that you stamped something different and I can't spell cornucopias either! LOL! Fabulous card and thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday. Hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job. Thanks for playing the TT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright & cheery card! Love the colors and the retro flower paper is great. Definitely makes me long for the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT...when can i go to the beach? makes me want to take a much needed holiday! You did a fab job with our twist this week! DEIDRE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh what a great card and lovely that it's stamped with your prize! Lovely sunny colours, this is a great card. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin