Sunday, November 8, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance- Week 5


The challenge for So You Think You Can Dance Week 5 is the Contemporary, Fresh and modern, think clean lines and simple style. I've been thinking about this challenge since I read it on Wednesday. We're down to two challenges before the 6 finalists are challenged one last time so I wanted something really good but that clean simple can be the kiss of death to my thought processes. For some reason I had elegant stuck in my head and I had a whole different card ready to go and then I re-read the criteria and had to cancel that card, at least for now. So I was back to drawing board. In the meantime I had about a dozen other challenges meandering around in my head. The one I most wanted to try my hand at is the Crazy for Challenges Week 10 - Make an Easel Card. This type of card has been popping up a lot lately in the card blog world and I think they look fantastic. If you haven't seen what the design team at Crazy for Challenges cooked up this week click the link and you'll see what I'm talking about. I didn't know if I would be able to use it with the MFT card but it was on my mind. I decided to go through my MFT stamps to see if anything would jump out. The search criteria was for something modern with clean and simple lines. I had a couple sets put on the side as having potential but the minute I looked the "Grow Love, Plant a Tree" set I knew this was the stamp set to use. I recently purchased a Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg collection pad and knew that was the paper to use. I also remembered that the color challenge Fashionista #10 at If the Shoe Fits is to use Orange, Kreme and Kraft. I love creamsicles and any dessert with orange and vanilla is a-okay in my book so I had to, just had to do this challenge and the main color in the papers is orange. So I used a piece of SU kraft cs for the base and used a white mat and tag. I didn't want to use bling or border punches, to keep it simple but I thought it needed a little something more that just the tree so I used a Martha Stewart punch to make a tag and hung it off some SU twine. The card has an autumn feel to it so I wrote the quintessential fall sentiment "give thanks" on it and that's the Simon Says challenge - Give Thanks. I popped the tree up on dimensionals and cut out a leaf to pop up on the tree. The white mat is also mounted on dimensionals. Since I still have a couple of the leaf buttons that is the perfect "stopper" for the easel card. And it turns out that the Pile It On challenge #23 is to use a Leaf or Leaves, so the leaf button and the paper with leaves that the tree is pieced with are perfect. I stamped the sentiment with SU Close to Cocoa and embossed it with clear powder.
I hope you enjoyed your visit, and that you'll keep your fingers crossed for me, I'd sure like to be one of the six finalists in the MFT challenge.
Don't forget to click on the pink ribbon, you know why.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card, I keep seeing these easels this week they are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, this card ROCKS! I love it and you did a fantastic job on it! You gotta win this week with this card, girl! (Too bad I'm not a judge, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love that tree.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the tree and also the colors - I gotta try an easel card - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! love it! colors look amazing! thanks for joining us at the shoe this week!
    ~tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! just fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! I think easel cards are so fun!
    Where do you live in NJ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! This is some serious multi-tasking -- you are the challenge queen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin