Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Alison


There's my girls, Alison and Liddy. Of course Liddy has to make a goofy face if she knows she's being photographed; at least Al smiled nicely. Alison's birthday is coming up so it'll be party time soon. We're planning the menu. Al wants Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic and Cheesecake. She doesn't care if we have anything else. I love that chicken dish and so has everyone I've made it for. I make it with the Barefoot Contessa's recipe and it is yummy, it's heavy because it's made with cream but it's perfect for a special occasion like a birthday. I guess we'd all be content with just the two items but I think we need to add a few more items for a more balanced meal. Liddy says she wants to make something from Julia Child. We saw "Julie and Julia" over the holidays, it must have made an impression. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'll get back to you later on how the party goes and if Liddy was one of the cooks and if she was one of the cooks what she made and how badly she destroyed the kitchen.
Even though Alison isn't a little girl anymore I wanted to use one of the MFT Pure Innocence stamps for her card and isn't "My Balloon" a perfect choice for a birthday card? This summer I picked up a package of Close To My Heart "Daydream" paper. I've been waiting for a reason to use it and it is perfect for the sweet little girl image. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. Her dress was pieced with paper from the "Daydream" pack. The edge of the circle was pounced with Ranger Distress Ink "Worn Lipstick". Her barrette and the balloon were covered with stickles.

Here's the challenges:
The Crazy 4 Challenges C4C19 Birthday Theme; the Allsort's Challenge week 34 a sketchy challenge with anything you'd like to add; the ABC challenge L is for Layering and Fashionista Friday #17 Use Chipboard.
I hope Alison likes her card as much as I do, and I hope you all like it too, leave a comment and let me know what you think about it. Thanks for visiting, please come back again.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Chris
    Lovely fresh and vibrant looking card - perfect for a female birthday - whatever the age. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love the card , its adorable

    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card chris she will love it, the image is so sweet and i love the letter...x


    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course she'll like it...it is beyond cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely precious--and I love that you posted the pic of your girls and the story--wow! You rock!
    I love Barefoot Contessa too--my mom got me started on her!!

    Purrs & Kisses,
    Kristal of Digi Kitty
    www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com
    www.thedigikitty.com
    Join us for DIGI STAMP FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card - I'm sure Allison will love it and the chicken & cheesecake too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,
    love the fresh colours

    thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Thanks for joining us on ABC challenge this time Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! i totally recognize that ctmh paper....gotta love those frog princes eh? LOL! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin