Monday, January 18, 2010

Let's Go to the Beach


Aaaah, the beach, I'm so happy to get back to a summer image. It is kind of funny that yesterday I did a challenge called "winter fun" and said that my idea of winter fun is sipping drinks by the pool and today I'm doing the Paper Cutz challenge #24 to make something with a Summer/Beach theme. Now that's what I'm talking about. It's bad enough I have to live with the cold weather but at least I can imagine the warm weather while I'm playing with my craft materials. And no one needs to remind me that it was cold in Florida last week, cause I know it was, but there's still palm trees and flamingos and it's already warming up there.

When you think of beach houses does a color scheme come to mind. I always think of blue and white and a nautical theme. So for a beach card the Stamp Something color challenge - blue and white is just right. The only other thing I needed was my layout. I found one at the CCEE Stampers challenge. I thought that blog was discontinued when I couldn't find it for a couple weeks, but I saw it listed on someone's blog. When I have some time to putter around I'll put the badge back up on my sidebar. I have quite a few challenges that I need to list there. It makes finding the sites so much easier when they are right there waiting for me to click on them. There are some really fine minds out there figuring out all this Internet stuff. To me it's magic. Same as turning on the radio and the TV to me is magic.
Now for the rest of the deets: The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Georgia Pacific cs, colored with copics and then the edges were sponged with Ranger Distress Faded Jeans. The blue cs is SU and the yellow cs is DCWV. The border was punched with the EK Success Dotted Wave punch.
Because the card base is so dark the inside is finished with the scraps of the dp and the punch was used to edge the white card stock. It's a nice touch to finish off the inside, makes the card really special. It's also good to stamp something or use a little of the dp on the envelope too. I need to remember to do that more often.
As always, I am so thrilled that you come to visit my blog and am especially happy when you leave comments. So thanks for visiting, I hope you come back often.
Please click the pink button, by the way, once you get to the Breast Cancer Awareness site you can always snag a badge and have people click on it when they visit your site. Maybe you'll save a life and it's good karma. And, yes I do believe in karma.

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I'd love to be on warm beach in that comfy chair right now!!!!!! Thanks for playing along at Stamp SOmething this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card. I love the chair. Thanks for playing at PCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this card - very pretty! Love how you did the inside of the card too! I want to go to the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this!! What a pretty layout and card!! Fabulous images!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the tropical feel (especially since it is winter here in Ct)...thanks for playing with the CCEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dp with that chair. It looks so inviting!! Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing in our CCEE challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin