Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This Kitty's Got Heart


How cute is this cool kitty? I just love this kitty. She reminds me of my first kitty, Samantha. Sammy was a very sweet cat, she made friends with my father when he was repairing a porch on his house. Odd because my father didn't like cats. He was a dog person but Sammy just sat down on the job and hung out with him all day. I went over to visit my mom and saw this cat just sitting there watching him like she belonged there. I went out to see what was shaking and she let me pet her and pick her up and I decided to adopt her. She came along with me as if we'd been born together. One of the neatest things about her was that even though I didn't have her declawed she didn't destroy my furniture, or my apartment. . She was very affectionate, a perfect pet. The cat in the stamp is Sprinkles (I think that's her name). I love her too and there are so many cute images with her in them that I can make cards for just about any occasion with her in them. She's from the Cat's Pajamas January releases. This set is called "Loving Mew". Today is TCP Tuesday and this week the hostess with the mostess is Leigh O'Brien. She gave us a sketch challenge TCPTUES94 which I used for this and four other cards for my co-workers.
I stamped the image with Memento "Tuxedo Black" on white cs that was edged with "Antique Linen" Ranger Distress Ink as were all the edges of all the papers. The cat's mat is Pink Lemonade cs from MFT and that cs was also used for the border that was punched with the Marta Stewart "Lace Hearts" punch. The rose paper (it's hard to tell that the dp is a photo of gorgeous pink roses) is "Rose Bouquet" from Paper Adventures. I don't know what the other papers are but I wish I had more of the one used for the crossbar cause that is a really cute pattern. The heart shaped button is from The Cat's Pajama and there's a little hot fix crystal on top. The circle under the image was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The image and the mat were die cut with Spellbinder's Nestibilities Label 8. I think that's all the deets.
There are a couple other challenges I had in mind when I made this. Some of them may have closed already but they are on my list so here they are:
Cooking It Up With Kate -here's the recipe challenge 1.) Use a "non human" image (Sprinkles); 2.) Add some texture (the embossed circle); and 3.) Use a product you've never used before (this could include using a new stamp/image) (the kitty stamp).
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C21 - Pretty in Pink
Allsort's Challenge Week 36 - Hearts and Flowers
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back soon. Don't forget to click on the pink ribbon before you go.

5 comments:

  1. Chris,
    Your kitty looks super sophisicated and I love the punched border with the bow.
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitty is so cute! I love the ribbon and the border - very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute i love kittys...x

    thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sprinkle card! The border is perfect with the image! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this is CA-UTE! Love this fun design and card! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin