Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blog Award and other Goodies



Does the winter get you down? I usually get funky in March but this year it came a little early. I've been feeling blue off and on for the last week or so. The thing I don't like about the blues is that I still have the urge to make things but it doesn't flow and whatever gets made doesn't leave me feeling satisfied. I think we all get a touch of this in the winter. I mentioned it on the MFT thread and God Bless those little junkies, they start pulling for you and leaving you love in lots of ways.


One of the things that has helped cheer me up was this blogger award that I got from Gabbe. You can find her blog here. And if you're an MFT junkie you can meet up with her there on the threads. Sometimes I don't catch people's names for weeks on end but I recognize that picture. I can't miss Gabbe if I try, she's got a clown pic and the fun spirit to go with it. She's always upbeat and always makes me feel good. She's one of the good do-bees (remember romper room - if you're under 40 go ask your mom about the mirror and the do-bees) who always leaves comments. Which by the way, if you're reading this (and I am amazed that anyone finds my drivel entertaining, amazed but grateful) and you're not a commenter because you figure nobody cares what you think, well you're wrong. Anyone who bothers to write a blog loves to hear what you, our faithful readers think. I read every single comment and adore each of you that bother to say something. It really does make my day. So if a tiny comment can make my day can you imagine what receiving and award does for my day. So a great big thank you to Gabbe for my award. I am thrilled that you enjoy my blog and love my award.

The award comes with a list of rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the award logo art and place it on your blog.

3. Link the person's blog who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers.

6. Post a link to the 7 you nominated.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

Again, thank you Gabbe, it was super sweet of you to nominate me. You can visit Gabbe's blog by clicking here.


Now I have to name 7 things people might find interesting about me.

1. I participated in 2 field schools in archeology, and late worked in the professor's lab.
2. I can do just about every needle craft except tatting, don't know why I never learned to tat but there's always a chance I will.
3. I took a photography course in school (before digital cameras were even thought of) and loved working in the darkroom.
4. I was a waitress in a nightclub in the late 1970's. The first show I worked at Roy Orbison was the performer. I thought I died and went to heaven and I made money too.
5. I took tap dancing lessons when I was 29 and yes I did get the costume and perform in the recital, it was a riot. I stink but I had a great time. Most of the school was little kids as you can imagine so the parents and friends didn't know what to make of us, but they did politely applaud.
6. I am an adult Girl Scout.
7. I fear that I could become the crazy cat lady at the end of the block.

I thought coming up with 7 things about myself was difficult but naming 7 blogs is REALLY difficult. If you ever look at my profile page and see my "follow" list you'll know why I say this. There's about 100 blogs I follow and I converse with about 20 of them regularly and I think each and every one of them is uber talented. So I am going to whittle it down to 7 and hope I don't offend anyone I leave off. The first one is a real life friend and the rest are some of my fellow MFT junkies. I've decided to stick with MFT junkies because I spend my time yakking on the MFT threads on Splitcoast, it's where I get a ton of inspiration and positive feedback. I would nominate the entire design team and all the junkies if I had an infinite amount of nominations.
1. Eileen - Red Headed Diva Eileen is my friend IRL and my biggest on-line friend and supporter. We met through Girl Scouts. She and a couple of my other scrapping GS buddies (who don't have blogs) were the push to get me scrapping. I resisted for years but eventually I succumbed and here I am. She's one of the funniest people I've ever met.
2. Megan -Megan Lock Designs Megan is uber talented. She recently won the "So You Think You Can Stamp" challenge on MFT which garnered her a spot on the DT which she greatly deserved. She's also very funny and sassy.
3. Erin - Erin's Craft Table Erin is another funny and talented gal. She has three kids, one's not quite a year old and she still finds time to create and blog. I get tired just thinking about one kid. She's come up with some incredible "out of the box" projects.
4. KJ (Kelly Jo) Momma Chull's Musings Have you noticed that "funny" has been in every one's description. I'm a sucker for anyone who can make me laugh and KJ is a pistol, talented too. She was a runner up in the "So You Think You Can Stamp" contest. She's a hack, not a hack scrapper, a hack prison guard so she's always got something interesting to say.
5. Bonnie Stampin' in the Light Yes, she's funny and talented like all the rest. She's from the "left" coast like like KJ but she hasn't tormented too much about warm weather, but she is this month's Guest Designer for MFT and she's fallen right into the tormenting us about how great what we can't see yet is. If you haven't seen her fabulous winning piece yet then you can see it by click ing here .
6.Kerry Cards by Kerry Is there any point in continuing to say talented and funny anymore. Don't just take my word for it, go check out her blog. She's a mom and she has some really great projects and ideas for kid stuff.
7. Lisa My Little Creative Escape Are you tired of hearing how funny and talented these people are. Well, this is my last funny, talented cyber friend for today. When I'm looking at the galleries for challenges I often think that Lisa is going to be the winner. She often is. I love her style, I want to say it's clean and simple but that's not quite it so go check out her blog and maybe you can figure it out for me.
There's my seven. If you're reading this and aren't on the list, my apologies but chances are I'll post a link to your blog on another occasion.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this very long post, it got so long I'm not going to mention the other goodies now. You'll have to come back for them. Don't forget to click on the pink ribbon before you leave.

4 comments:

  1. THANKS Chris!! You put me with a group I'm proud to be with!! I hope you're feeling less blue these days...if not, I might have to send you a Snickers soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! thanks, Chris! you're right the junkies and MFT DT are the best! thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris - I am sooooo honored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much Chris! You are so sweet!!!! I'm honored that you thought of me, and your kind words warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin