Sunday, May 9, 2010

Say Ahhhh


Poor sick puppy, looks like he's seen better days. I know I can use this as a get well card for any type of illness but I actually know someone who broke their leg and because it hasn't healed properly she needs to have work done it, when she's ready. The key words there are "when she's ready". Doesn't look like she's gong to be ready any time soon. Well, there's always someone getting ill or hurting themselves one way or another so I'll be using this sooner than later and I can always make another one. That's the great thing about stamps you can use them over and over.
This week the hostess with the mostess on the Cat's Pajamas is Susie Q-tip, Susiestampalot, and she's challenged us to use the "You Sick Thing" stamp set and yippee, I just happen to have that set and it just happens to be one of my favorites. So I picked the sketch for the Mojo Monday Challenge and the colors from the Color Throwdown and sat down to work and came up with this card.
So here's the deets:
Stamp: the Cat's Pajamas "You Sick Thing"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Antique Linen sponged on the edges of the white card stock; Close To My Heart Cranberry for the sentiment
Paper: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise cs, Kiwi Kiss dp and Murfield dp; MFT red cs; Georgia Pacific white cs
Miscellaneous - Stampin' Up oval and scalloped oval punches; Mowed Grass Dew Drops, turquoise Sulky thread; copic markers
Here's the challenges:
The Cat's Pajamas - TCPTUES108 use "You Stick Thing" stamp set
The Color Throwdown 91 - Rose Red (I thought it was real red, oh well, it's kind of close), Tempting Turquoise and Kiwi Kiss
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again. Before you go I gotta ask you to click on the pink ribbon, it's a good thing. I keep my eyes open for other pink things and I've seen that the Colonel is offering to make a donation for every bucket of chicken sold. So if you're a fan of Kentucky Fried Chicken you can get your dinner and do a good deed at the same time - just saying...

5 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card - the stitching is great! The little broken leg is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combination of patterns and I just love all your stitching! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just darling! Love the stitching and your little quilt blocked paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! The papers you used are wonderful and the little doggie looks so broken up and sad! I used this set, too! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin