Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let's Get Cookin'

I am so excited.  I have such great news.  If you're a follower you probably know that I am getting ready to retire from my job.  You have no idea how many people told me I would be bored when I started talking about retirement.  While I'm kind of looking forward to boredom, I stumbled upon a few design team calls and realized that now would be the perfect time to apply.  I'm so glad to say that Katie from Cooking It Up With Katie took me up on my request to join her team.   So I'll be busy with DT duties.  I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. So how's that for exciting news.

If you're not familiar with the Cooking It Up With Katie challenges they're 3 part recipes.  This week it's 1.) choose a sketch from another challenge (my sketch is from CCEE with the twist of 'beverage" - a cup of tea)  2.) add yellow and 3.) do stitching (faux or real). 
For my card I'm using the Meljen's digital image "Teacup Mouse".  This week Meljen's is sponsoring the challenge and offering a prize.  So if you think this is cute (and who wouldn't?) drop in on Katie's challenge and give it try.  Or you can find a link and go shopping for it. 

Besides following the recipe I spent some time distressing this card.  Sponging ink on the edges and roughing them up are two of my favorite things to do to a card.  Lately, I've become very fond of pearls and charms.  I've got lots of them on hand so you're likely to see lots more of both of them.

Here's the deets:
Stamp - Meljen's digi image "Teacup Mouse"
Ink - Ranger Scattered Straw for sponging
Paper - Stampin' Up turquoise card stock; October Afternoon "Thrift Shop" dp
Miscellaneous - Queen and Co pearl stickers; ribbon; turquoise fastenator staple; Cat's Pajama's twine; charm; Sulky thread; stickles
Here's the challenges:
Cooking It Up With Katie - recipe 1.) use a sketch from another challenge, 2.) add yellow, 3.) do stitching (real or faux)
CCEE 1026 - get sketchy with a twist (twist is the theme - beverages)
Pile It On Challenge #26 - My favorite things (I love to use charms! they're my favorite thing)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Please click on the pink ribbon before you leave, it's a good thing.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Congrats on your new DT! :) YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! The image is so cute - love the teacup - adorable! Love the pearls & the charm too - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    I just love this! All that subtle distressing is perfect and the image so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris! Congrats on your new DT.... yay! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow lucky you retiring.. I would never be bored too he he!!! And congrats on the new DT. PS thank you for you nice comment on my card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, this is very cute! (I loved your CTD comment on my blog, too!) You will LOVE being retired, do not listen to anyone who says you will be bored, especially since you have a new gig! Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - just perfect - love the distressing and that charm is soooo cute x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! I love your cards and Congrats on your new dt! So well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea Chris!!! Congrats on the new DT!!! Cute mousie card!!

    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...this is adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice and cute!
    Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  12. just adorable & i love that charm!! big congrats on the new DT gig- can't wait to see more!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin