Thursday, July 8, 2010

Twisting Time Is Here

Does anyone else hear Chubby Checker singing in their ears?  Did I hear you say "Chubby who?", oh, go call you mother and ask her, she'll be glad you called.  Now onto the "Twist". 
Shirley's 2 Girls recently issued a Design Team call and I am so excited that they picked me to join them as a "Lady with Attitude".  People have been accusing me of having an attitude for years, it's finally paying off.  I hope you'll all come visit me and my twisted sisters every week to see what the ladies are up to.  I've been visiting their blogs for awhile and can tell you that you will love them all.  Over on my sidebar you'll find links to all their blogs. 
Do you want to play with us?  Well then WELCOME TO JULY SUMMERTIME FUN!  We've got a BRAND NEW format for the S2G challenges.  So are you ready for the fun?  Starting today the second Thursday of each  month will be a CONTEST week. That's right, it's TNT CONTEST TIME and it's going to be a BLAST!   And the contests have PRIZES!!!!  Yippee!!!!   Everybody loves prizes.  Wait till you hear (ok, read) this.  There's going to be one winner for every 20 entries (up to a maximum of eight prizes).  If you're one of the lucky winners you get your choice of a digi image from the store. 
So are you ready to play?  All you have to do is make a card or project using this sketch.  If you have a Shirley's 2 Girls stamp or digi image we'd love to see you use them but you don't have to use them.  If you want to get an S2G image you can pick up a digi stamp at the S2G store today for just a couple bucks and be playing with it in two shakes of a lamb's tail.   AND BELIEVE ME if I can do digi, you can do it.
Once you've got your card or project ready all you have to do is go to the challenge blog and leave a link to your card or project by using the INLIKZ widget.  If you post to a public gallery use the keyword S2GSC64.   The INLINKZ widget will close at Midnight PT on Wednesday, July 14 and the winners will be announced on Friday July 16.  So go have some fun and create something using the sketch.  It's all about having FUN.
I had fun covering one of the cigar boxes my buddy Pam gave me.  I think it turned out rather cute.  Can you guess what I'm doing with it?  I'm using it to store my acrylic S2G stamps, they're quite happy to have such a nice home.

Here's the deets:
Stamp - S2G digi image "Original Gracie"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; the edges of the white card stock are sponged with Memento Angel Pink
Paper - White Georgia Pacific card stock; Melon Mambo Stampin' UP card stock; all other paper from Basic Grey June Bug
Miscellaneous - Pink Pearl stickers from Recollections; Queen & Co. white pearls; Martha Stewart double loop border and corner punch set; Ranger glossy accents on the lenses of her glasses; stickles on the glass' frames and the flower on the hat; white gel pen for polka dots on her dress (did you own and love to pieces at least one polka dot dress in your lifetime, seems all the women I work with did, we talk about this important matter every spring when the dots come out of storage, but I digress...); Spellbinder's nestibilities frame; red and white twine from the Cat's Pajamas; sunglasses charm from acharmingplace.com; there's a red and white striped ribbon around the sides of the box but you can't see it in the photo.
Here's the challenges:
Stampin'B #65 - Summer Vacation
Play Date Cafe #36 - color challenge pink, white and red (the challenge closed before my post)
Pile It On #26 - My favorite things (the charm - I love using charms)
Creative Belli Challenge #95 - Alter it
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again.  Please click on the pink ribbon before you leave, it helps fund mammograms.

15 comments:

  1. Your project is absolutely stunning Chris...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh FUN!!! Love your take on the sketch Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is great! Love it!!! And you are definitely a "Lady with Attitude"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Chris! Love your idea! Hmmm. Chubby Checker, yup, I am afraid I don't have to ask my mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good lord Chris..you must be OLD...on to the card...oh...VERY SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the gorgeous details on your card, Chris! The stitching and lacy border are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chris. I just love the nestie frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you covered the cigar box! Really cute. Thanks for joining us in the Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Chris! Love your take on the sketch! Love the lace looking border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, very pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project!! Love the colors you chose Chris! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome altered Cigar Box!! So glad you played along this week! Please join us on wednesday for another fun Creative Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful design...I sooo love all the dies you used and the sweet image in the center looks awesome!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how i LOVE this card! just stunning! i so wish i had that punch!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin