Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Card for Katie

While I was going through the challenges for today I read about Katie on the Color Throwdown.  I like the Color Throwdown for lots of reasons, including that they have a fantastic design team so that every week there's lots of eye candy to see.  But today I like them even more because they're doing something extra which is really sweet.  They've asked us to make our cards for Katie.  Katie's a fellow stamper on Splitcoast and she's ailing.  You can read about the challenge and Katie here.
My card colors deviate a little from the challenge colors, usually some deviation is accepted so I'm hoping they won't mind my changes.  Instead of the Early Espresso and Melon Mambo , I'm substituting Kraft and some pink for the Melon. 

The layout if from this week's Mojo Madness. I flipped it around a little to to acommodate the stamp.

This heart charm is so sweet but it's tiny so I'm giving you a close up view.

Over on the MFTWSC thread on SCS we've been talking about sewing so I decided I would get my machine out.  Some people have trouble with sewing circles.  My advice is to use a zig zag stitch because it allows you more room for fudging.  Take your time, it's not a race.  AND if you're getting frustrated, STOP.  If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

And let's not forget the inside.  Because it's so pretty, I repeated using the Martha Stewart Hydrangea border punch. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Fairy
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Pumice Stone
paper - SU Kraft cs for base and mats; SU Soft Sky and Kiwi Kiss dp
miscellaneous - heart charm; Divine Twine; SU Crochet Trim; bling; Hero Arts Sparkle Gems Hearts and Flowers; Martha Stewart Hudrangea border punch; Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly fluff (on the heart on the dress); Polar White flower soft (on wings); round corner punch; white opaque pen (on ribbon on dress); Spellbinder's Label Eight; Sulky variegated green thread in sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
Mojo Monday #173 - sketch
The Color Throwdown #124 - Melon Mambo, Early Espresso and Soft Sky, with a twist, make a card for Katie
Pile It On #2 - It's All About the Cute Children
Bah, Humbug! #1 - Holly and Fairies

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again.  Thanks for commenting.  Please click on the pink ribbon on the sidebar before you leave, it's a good thing.

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty little girl! Love the sewing and also the tiny heart charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this is fantastic! It could not be any sweeter! Your stitching is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is REALLY REALLY cute. I love the paper you chose and all the fun embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh just so cute - love it. It's okay to add it to the Bah! Humbug! challenge this time Chris. Our challenge is a fun one and we're not into tons of rules and regulations, but we are a Christmas card blog. Our idea is to get the cards done week by week so there is no panic in December.
    Mind you this card is so cute I wouldn't mind it being sent to me at Christmas.
    Hope to see you again in our future challenges.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable wee fairy Chris - she looks so cute with her gemstone wand. A touch of holly paper or sticker and she would've been perfect for our Bah! Humbug! challenge but thank you for sharing her with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, your card is just so precious! I'm sure Katie will LOVE it!! Thank you so much for participating this week with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS CARD...love everything about it...especially the hearts! thanks for playing with us at PIO! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable! Love the paper pieced dress.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin