Saturday, May 7, 2011

ABC

ABC means Anything But a Card.  I spotted one of these little bags somewhere in blogland and thought they were just adorable. I figured they would be a great place to put a gift card for a Mother's Day present.   I know my aunt and sister-in-law are going to go crazy when they see them. 
I'm not sure where I saw them but there was a link to a tutorial on how to make them, now that I know and am going to share it with you. 
These little bags are also as easy as ABC.  As I watched the tutorial I noted the paper sizes and where the score lines are.  The tutorial was so easy to follow that I watched it once and was able to make these several days later without going back to view it again.  I just needed to know where to put the score lines. 
Here's the link. 


Here's the deets:
no stamping on this one
no ink on this one
paper - K & Co TC Cottage Garden dp; Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point cs
miscellaneous - Recollections rhinestones; SU ribbon; butterfly brads; MFT die-namics butterfly die; Stampin' Up tab punch; velcro closure

Here's the challenges:
Paper Cutz #90 - Mother's Day
I Heart Ribbon - green
Charisma #18 - no cards allowed
Craft Us Crazy - Mother's Day and/or Flowers
Nadia's - Mother's Day 3D
Party Time - Mother's Day

I'm telling you, these things are so easy you're gonna smack yourself in the forehead for waiting so long to make one.  If you make them as a party favor you can put a piece of chocolate in them.  So very easy, you're gonna love it.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back.  And thanks to Frenchie's Freaky Friday.

7 comments:

  1. What a pair of sweet little bags these are. The butterflies are lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our Mothers Day/Flowers challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I'm sure your Aunt and Sister-in-law will love them!! You done a beautiful job on them!!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little purses! fabby little favours or gifts (especially if you put some choccies in 'em), but i don't think they'd support all the junk that builds up in my purse! ;) thanks for sharing this fun project with the Charisma Gals! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little purses & the butterflies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bags are adorable! Thanks for joining the Party this week and I hope to see more cards from you soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those! I'd be happy to get one lol! Thanks for joining us at PaperCutz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chris! Thanks for joining my challenge again! These are so sweet and such a creative use of green ribbon! :)

    -Nina Dee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin