Monday, May 9, 2011

Go Kids! Go..


Go get  jobs!  From my computer to God's ears.

It's day four of sneaky peeks for the Paper Pretties May release.  One more day of peeks and then on Wednesday, you can shop.  YEAH!!!  I love to shop, especially for Paper Pretties stamps.  So mark your calendar or at least make a mental note that the May Release will be available on Wednesday, May 11 at 12:00 AM, perfect for all you insomniacs.  As usual we will kick off the release with a blog hop.  It will start at the Paper Pretties blog and from there you'll hop along through the DT's blogs where you will get to see some fabulous eye candy. 

Today's stamp set is "Graduation Zac".  If you've been visiting the Paper Pretties blog for the last couple days (and if you haven't, well why haven't you, get over there now and catch up) you know that besides Zac, there's a "Graduation Fairy Sofie" and a "Graduation Lily".  If you're like me, you would probably send a card with a boy's image on it to a boy and if you were going to send a graduation card to a girl you would want a girl's image on it.  



the inside

 I know a lot of you like to collect stamps and that's a fun thing to do. But if you're someone who can't afford to get every set that's released and you need a card for girl and a card for a boy, well I've got a nifty little trick for you.  My niece is graduating.  For the card I made for her I've turned Zac into a Zacarina (is there a feminine version of that name?) and it's pretty easy to do.  















For the transformation there are just a few simple changes.  First, the way Zac's pants pool around his shoes looks a little bit boyish to me so I cut that part of the image off.  The haircut was what made me think this could be a boy or a girl.  For Zacarina I colored in some funky red strips (guess who has a daughter with funky hair) but the hair doesn't need to be different.  But you need to pay a little more attention to the facial features to soften her up.  Zac got teeny little dots of blush that barely show, Zacarina got larger, darker dots and then a little of the color on her lips.  There's a smidge of color on her eyelid and I drew in little eyelashes with a fine point marker (if you're too scared to do that, if you work on the blush and lips that will be enough to make her feminine).  Lastly I added earrings but you can barely see them, even in real life, besides these days the guys are wearing all kinds of earrings...

Here's the deets for Zac:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Graduation Zac"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"
paper -Georgia Pacific white cs for image; all other papers from Creative Memories graduation package (I've had this package for 4 years, I don't remember the name and have no idea if it's still available)
miscellaneous - copics; Creative Memories cutting system for ovals; Stampin' Up corner punch on inside; brads; sewing machine

Here's the deets for Zacarina:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Graduation Zac" 
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"
paper - DCWV yellow cs; DCVW "Glitter Stack" dp; Georgia Pacific white cs for image
miscellaneous - copics; nesties oval and scalloped oval dies; Stampin' Up ribbon; Blue Moon charm; baker's twine; button brads; MFT "Sweet Stack" dies; sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget that I'll be participating in Wednesday Paper Pretties blog hop.  I hope you hop along.

3 comments:

  1. Love how you transformed the image to make it female - you're a genius!!! Really great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there xx lovely blog xxx re the one i couldnt edit on sftw teamies... it was because they hadnt gave permission yet for newbies to add to edit posts which is why i couldnt upload my card in the right place - BUT all sorted now xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHRIS...ok...I guess we can share the BEST MOM title...good to see you around...DEIDRE

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin