Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Monochromatic




The August 10th challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend was monochromatic.   I missed posting for that challenge due to an oversight.  However, I found out that I missed it so it's a real shame that yesterday when I found a note to make a monochromatic card for the 19th I hurried off to get it done.  Hmmm, the fact that the 19th was last week should have been my first clue, the fact that the monochromatic challenge was the one I know I missed might have set off a warning but no, I set done to work, with great purpose to make this card.  Well, I'm glad I did because I like it and I don't think I would have made it if I didn't think I owed it, monochromatic is not usually on my mind. 

So today I had to sit down and make my card for Friday.  I like that one too so if you remember and have the time come back to see it.

Here's the deets:
stamps - Tim Holtz "French Market"
ink - Stampin' Up "Soft Suede"
paper - Stampin' Up "Soft Suede" card stock; My Favorite Things "Hot Fudge" and "Natural" card stock; Stampin' Up "Patterns Stack - Neutrals" DSP
miscellaneous - buttons; hemp twine; bling; My Favorite Things "Eiffel Tower" and "Fishtail Flags" die-namics; Tim Holtz "Symphony" Tissue Tape; gingham ribbon

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend #15 - Monochromatic
Tuesday Morning Sketches #160- Sketch
Creative Card Crew #17 - Maps/Newsprint/Sheet Music/Script
Simon Says Stamp and Show - No Rules, Anything Goes
Fabulous Fridays - Ribbon/Twine
Craft Your Days Away #52 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

13 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you made it, too, because it is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!! I love it all!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Gorgeous card!!!! Love the image and the distressed look!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on your monochromatic card! I love the vintage-French look. Thank you for playing along with our Twine/Ribbon Challenge at Frosted Designs. Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I love this entry... Thank you for joining in over at CCC this week
    Hugz Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Chris, I love the design and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous! Love the texty patterns, the great buttons, and the layered trims - so pretty & soft :) Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there thank you for sharing your fabulous creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love your colors and your layering, absolutely fabby, thank you for sharing, hugs terry xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your monochromatic Parisian piece is really very nice! I like your design and the different stamping you've done. All of your layers of papers, lace, buttons and other embellishments work together very nicely! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful monochromatic card with the layered towers. Lovely design and so pretty! Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card!!!Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Creative card Crew. Hope you can join us again next time.

    Caroline DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monochromatic is hard for me too but you did a lovely job. Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Card Crew to share your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, la, la..i love this card! This is just a quick note to let you know that a new challenge starts tomorrow at Tuesday Morning Sketches..Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin