Monday, August 20, 2012

Polished

I love the look of polished nails but you will rarely see me with my nails done.  Why? Because I am way too obsessive about them if I do them myself and I just don't have it together enough to keep up with professional manicures.  I enjoy getting them but I'm too lazy and cheap to go regularly.  When I used to do my own nails I couldn't stand if they got the littlest mistake in them I had to do them over, and then I wanted to change the color just about every day.  There couldn't be a bubble or a single little thing wrong or I'd have to do them over and I could never sit still long enough for the second coat to dry completely.  I am just a big old hot mess when it comes to drying my nails.  The last time I had a so called professional manicure the woman cut my cuticle and it bled a lot and hurt.  I was worried it would get an infection but it didn't.  I think I might have gone back but she didn't say she was sorry so that was it for her and after that I just didn't feel like looking for another spot.

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "ALM Polished to Perfection"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" and Stampin' Up "Groovy Guava" for sentiment; Ranger "Tea Dye"
paper - My Favorite Things "Sno Cone" and "Kraft" card stock; My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart - Be Happy" dsp
miscellaneous - copics; Tim Holtz Tissue Tape "Symphony"; baker's twine; charm; brads; My Favorite Things "Little Open Scallop Strip", "Mini Tab Quartet" and "Pretty Posies" die-namics; Stampin' Up Rhinestone Brad; sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club MFTWSC85 - sketch
Whoopsie Daisy - Include a Sentiment
Stamptacular #176 - Let's Hear It for the Girls
Simon Says Stamp and Show - No Rules, Anything Goes
Catch the Bug - Bingo (Sentiment, die cut, twine)

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.



7 comments:

  1. Hello. I like your card. I like the different papers and patterns you've layered. I especially like the touches of musical notes. Your girl is darling and colorized so nicely to coordinate with your card. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, great layout and gorgeous colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that image, Chris! Fab paper choices and I love all the neutrals you used. I'm with you on professional manicures, and I don't take the time to do much with my nails myself (except file them down when they need it!) Been missing you since our days at Cooking... :-D Maybe when the challenges start up over there again, I'll play along. I'd get by here more often if I could just follow by e-mail. I'm soooo bad about checking the readers to see who's posted. Will try to do better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute, love the design
    have you see our Dt call? it will be a pleasure if you want to apply
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really fun card with fabulous colours and great layering - love your choice of papers and image. Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, love the image and colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the vintage design with the stitches, string and gorgeous colour choice in papers too;) Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin