Sunday, May 12, 2013

CIC210 - Downtown Tape


 
 

Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you all have the chance to celebrate the day with your family. 

At the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge we've got a new photo of gorgeously decorated cupcakes and a new sponsor - Downtown Tape

When Washi Tape first started popping up around the card blogs I was not quick to buy it.  I figured I've got enough supplies to last forever already, I don't need to start accumulating anything else.  Then one of the challenges in the Splitcoast "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges was to use Washi Tape, so I reluctantly made my first purchase.  I was surprised at how much I liked it.  Darn...

 
Since then I have picked up a few more roles and I've been looking around at different places to see how others are using it,  It's so versatile it's amazing,  If you do a search on it you'll find so many projects your mind will be boggles.  Besides crafty projects it's used to decorate tons of household items.  It goes onto surfaces very easily and as far as I've seen comes off effortlessly without disturbing the surface. 
 
I used the red and white checkered tape on the outside and the inside of my card.  This is not my usual style in that there is no stamping and there's lots of flowers.  I'd day that it's the exact opposite of my style nevertheless I made it and I like it.  I wanted to imitate the flowers on the cupcakes.  The pink rose and purple violets are by Prima, the red ones were made with a die cut. and the leaves were made with a punch.  If you're not a flowery person you can use the colors for your inspiration. 
the sweeties look forward to seeing your cards.
 
Here's the deets:
stamp - No Stamps
ink - No ink
paper - Stampin' Up "Concord Crush", "Poppy Parade"  and "Pear Pizzazz" card stock;  My Favorite Things "Whip Cream" card stock
miscellaneous - mini brads; Downtown Tape Redwood Forest Tape; My Favorite Things "Hibiscus" die-namics; EK Success leaf punch; Prima flowers
 
Here's the challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations CIC210 - photo
Craft Your Passion #161 -  Floral Delights
Sisterhood of Crafters - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Crafty Ribbons - No Designer Paper
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Sister Act #6 - Anything Goes
Splitcoast Stampers WT425 - Discover It (Try Anything New)
 
Thanks for stopping by, come back again.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Chris! I love all the flowers.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card! Love all the flowers!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #37 - "Anything Goes". Your card is so pretty--My DDIL introduced me to washi tape and it is amazing.

    Look forward to seeing your creations in all our challenges.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW ... very pretty Chris! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘April Showers Bring May Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, too, Chris! It may not be your usual, but it is so pretty! Love the tape, colors, & flowers! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is really beautiful. I like all the flowers. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin