Friday, February 14, 2014

SFTW - Flower Power

It's the weekend!  So how about a Stampin' for the Weekend challenge to keep you busy?  The challenge theme is "Flower Power" and we've got Stamp and Create for our sponsor.   Get your stamping stuff and some flowers out and play along with us.  We can't wait to see what you create.

If you visit my blog regularly you've probably noticed that I don't usually use flowers on my cards.  Well, I don't know what got into me but once I adhered those big flowers to the card I thought it needed something more and before I knew it I just couldn't stop.  This is one busy card.  I wonder if there are any "Not CAS card challenges" out there.  By the way I made those big flowers using my the Cat's Pajamas heart border to cut out the three pieces and then I rolled them, put pearls in the center, surrounded the pearls with stickles and then added bling around the pearls.  The edges of the flowers and the rest of the card were sponged with Ranger "Antique Linen" ink.  By the way if you saw this card from another angle you'd see that there are roses under the big flowers on the left side too.  I don't know what made me finally stop I just hope that I stopped soon enough.  

Here's the deets:
stamp - the Cat's Pajamas "Ewe Complete Me"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"; Ranger "Antique Linen"
paper - Stampin' Up "Crumb Cake" card stock; My Favorite Things "Insulated Pink" card stock;
Basic Grey "Cappella" patterned paper
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things "Pierced Circle Stax" and "Circle Stax" die-namics; the Cat's Pajamas "Heart Border", "Heart Swirl", "Queen of Hearts border" Cut Ups dies; Spellbinder's "Hearts"and "Scalloped Hearts" die; pearls from Stampin' Up Pretties Kit; heart button Pebbles Button Candy Dots; peach lace; gingham ribbon; linen twine;  stickles; cupid charm; Sandylion flowers; Jolee flowers; bling

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend - Flower Power
the Cat's Pajamas TCPTUES256 - Love
Southern Girls - Bling it, Bling, Bling
Milk Coffee - Girly Challenge
Sisterhood of Crafters - Love You
Simon Says Stamp - Get Krafty

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

10 comments:

  1. I love this card. Gorgeous colours and fab image. Beautiful flowers too. Great job Teamie! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to look at and so awesome! LOVE the non traditional colors and your flowers are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, beautiful creation, have a great weekend cheers Sue N x(dt sis)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn cute and elegant all at once...love it!!!!! Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood "Love You" challenge!!!
    Diane DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "Not-CAS" card! It is really fun, pretty, and adorable. all at the same time! Love your image and coloring, love all those fancy flowers, love the DP, design, layers, and textures! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute Chris I love the images! Hugs Rebekah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooooo super cute! love all those flowers....they look fabulous with those sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding Chris!!! Love the muted colors, the big heart, flowers and the way you made the sheep look so woolly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. The colors are so great and I really like this image.
    Gunn***

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! And the flowers are BRILLIANT. I must use that idea

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin