Wednesday, July 9, 2014

PWC318 Red, Green , Yellow Blue

Red, yellow, green and blue - that's a whole lot of color for you.  It's week 2 of a month of color challenges from Paper Pretties and those are the colors for this week's challenge PWC318.  Play along to be the winner of five digital images from the Paper Pretties store.  You can don't have to use a Paper Pretties stamp to play along but we sure do like seeing them and if you do use one, you'll get an extra entry for the winner's draw.

 At first I thought it was going to be a little difficult but once I sat down and picked out my stamp it was easy peasy.   These colors are great for anything to do with children and school.  I'm sure you can make them work with other things but I'm a big fan of Sophia so children come to mind for me.  This is a very simple card to make.  The only special tool used is a corner punch.  I stamped Celebrate Sophia on X-press It card stock and colored it with copics, using the blue, yellow and red called for in the challenge, so I just made sure to use a green card stock for my card base and lay out that showed it off.  I cut all the card stock and mats with a straight edge cutter.  The yellow panel and the image panel are popped up on dimensionals.  There's a bit of sparkle on the flowers on her dress and the flowers on the yellow panel were white so I colored them with copics.  You color just about anything with copics.  There's practically no reason to buy pre-made flowers when you have die-cuts, punches and copics, except of course how beautiful and irresistible they look when you see them sitting on the shelves.  But I digress...

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Celebrate Sophia"
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
paper - Stampin' Up "Gumball Green"; Close To My Heart "My Reflections - Jubilee" pack
miscellaneous - copics; Stampin' Up corner punch; pearls; Spare Parts flowers; Viva Yellow Quartz Glitter liners; red pearls

Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC318 - Red, Green, Yellow and Blue
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #43- Anything Goes
2 Cute Ink #110 - Kids
Crafting From the Heart #26 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, come back again.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet card. great design. makes me happy looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet image and design, Chris! Love how you combined the colors for the challenge! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin